Michael Rataj discovered an interest in financial markets during a career in the mortgage industry. He made the transition to the futures markets after realizing the impact the markets have in every facet of business. Michael joined RJO Futures and uses his skills as a trading consultant to manage risk for his clients. Michael focuses on options trading for their staying power and limited-risk type trades, but trades futures depending on the client's appetite for risk and portfolio size. He believes the broker/client relationship is extremely important.
Metals, grains, energies, currencies, and softs
The majority of Michael's analysis is technical with a small sight on fundamental analysis.
Strengths and Trading Philosophy
Michael's main strengths include the use of complex options strategies and dynamic risk management. Effective and aggressive risk management allows a trader to seek out diverse trading opportunities while still protecting risk capital in the account.
Michael Rataj's Most Recent Futurescast Articles
View all of Michael Rataj's Futurescast articles
- Weekly Wrap-up: S&P pullback, Gold, Silver, and Grains
- A Peek into the Markets: The Aussie Dollar
- The Weekly Wrap-up: Gold, Silver, and the S&P
- The Week Ahead: USDA Numbers and the Reports to Come
- Weekly Wrap-Up: Gold, Silver, E-mini S&P and the week ahead
- Weekly Wrap-Up: Nonfarm Payrolls, ISM, and the Light Week Ahead
- A Peek into the Markets - ADP, ISM, FOMC and RJOMRT's Gold Trade
- Weekly Wrap-up: Jobless Claims, GDP, and Consumer Sentiment
- A Peek into the Markets: The Economy Chugs Along
- Weekly Wrap-up - S&P 500 and Housing Week is Coming Up
- A Sea of Red - A Glimmer of Hope
- Weekly Wrap-up - Retail Sales, Gold and Silver Plummet, and the Indexes Rise
- Initial Claims - The Story Unfolds
- Last Week's Recap and the Next Two Days
- Employment Week - Manufacturing and Non-farm Employment
- The Weekly Wrap-up - GDP, Initial Claims and the Grain Report
- Housing Week Part 2 and Durable Goods - Protecting Your Equity Portfolio with Puts on the S&P
- The Short Week Ahead - Manufacturing, Initial Claims and GDP
- The Weekly Wrap Up - Housing Week is Over and S&P Puts
- A Peek into the Markets - Initial Claims and Housing Week Continues
NOTE: This individual exercises independent judgement in trading, and readers are urged to exercise their own judgement in trading.
< Back to Broker list